Chrysler Group’s Dodge Brand used the Chicago Auto Show to kick off its Never Neutral campaign — and back up that campaign with R/T versions of its entire lineup and the all-new 2011 Dodge Durango Heat.
“We can’t make hollow promises,” said Dodge CEO/President Ralph Gilles. “We have to back them up.”
Here’s a rundown on the highlights of the Dodge R/T lineup:
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8: Available later this year, Gilles said the new Charger SRT8 is “not only one of the coolest cars in the industry but the most technologically advanced Dodge ever.”
- Uconnect-integrated system includes standard navigation and other features plus performance data of the vehicle.
- 900-watt, 19-speaker Harman Kardon speaker system
- 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 engine that offers an estimated 465HP and 465 lb.-ft. of torque
- Fuel efficiency improvement of 15% for the city, and 25% for highway, compared to the 2010 6.1-liter HEMI engine.
2011 Dodge Durango R/T: In previewing the new Durango R/T, Gilles included a video clip of the designers and the engineers involved in the project. One called it the “ultimate performance, seven-passenger SUV.”
- A unique fascia with fog lamps, a body-color grille surround with black texture and xenon high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps.
- 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine with fuel-saver mode and variable-valve timing. Delivers 360HP (268 kW) and 390 lb.-ft. of torque (520 N•m) at 4,250 rpm.
- Best-in-class 7,400 lb. towing capability.
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T – “The Man Van.” Gilles said the Grand Caravan R/T, with a black interior designed as a man cave, has “everything so you can do anything.”
- New 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine is mated to a smooth-shifting six-speed automatic transaxle and delivers best-in-class horsepower: 283HP compared with 197HP in the previous 3.8-liter V-6 engine; and more torque at 260 lb.-ft. versus 230 lb.-ft. without sacrificing fuel economy.
- All-black interior features exclusive perforated black leather seats with red stitching, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob and a premium sound system with nine-speakers, a subwoofer and 506-watt amplifier.
Check out the Dodge lineup at Pomoco Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Newport News.
Source: Chrysler Group LLC